If you’d like to be able to rent/use Proudfit Hall, you must contact the library by calling 518-854-7463 during business hours or by emailing email@example.com.
*Scroll down to see the calendar, and to print out a rental-usage agreement form.
BANCROFT PUBLIC LIBRARY
PROUDFIT HALL RENTAL – USAGE POLICY
Proudfit Hall is available for both general public and library use. Rental
The Library Director and staff are responsible for keeping the scheduling calendar for the rental/usage of Proudfit Hall.
The Library Director and staff are responsible for collecting any
Public groups able to use Proudfit Hall and Grounds rent-free include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Friends of the Bancroft Public Library
- Town of Salem
- American Legion
- American Legion Auxiliary
- Salem Central School, and affiliated groups
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts
- County agencies
- Homeschool groups
- Salem Fire Department
- Salem Fire Department Auxiliary
- Salem Rescue Squad
- Salem Rotary Club
- Salem Area Senior Citizens
- Salem Area Women’s Club
- Groups raising money to benefit others
the library is using the space, the Library Director and staff are
responsible for following the guidelines set by the Trustees of the
Bancroft Trust for usage of the Hall.
The rules for use of Proudfit Hall Community Room and Grounds are as follows, and will be clearly posted within Proudfit Hall. If these rules are not followed, there will be an additional charge for repairing damage, cleaning and/or garbage removal:
- Anyone using the Proudfit Hall Community Room and/or Grounds shall leave them clean, in good condition, and arranged as they were found.
- Heat should be left at 65 degrees.
- Kitchen must be cleaned, if used.
- Tables must be wiped clean, if used.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer of personal items before leaving.
- Users are responsible for cleaning the carpet if soiled while using the room.
- Garbage removal and clean up are the responsibility of the user.
- Turn off lights and stove when leaving.
- Lock the door.
- NO OUTDOOR BARBECUING.
users will be responsible for any damages to the Proudfit Hall
Community Room and Grounds that occur while they are using the space.
All users, paying or rent-free, will sign a copy of the rules governing the rental/usage of Proudfit Hall on a once yearly basis. This will be kept on file at the library
Recommended by Bancroft Public Library Trustees on December 19, 2017.
Approved by Salem Town Board as successor trustees to the Bancroft Trust on December 27, 2017.
If you’d like to print out a rental-usage agreement form, please click –> HERE <–